Saturday, September 6, 2008

journey of a first timer

Hey! Oooh, post's so fresh! On the contrary, I am no way near fresh. [How 'eww' of me]. Whole day of practicing softball. Yep, we we're playing under the heat of the sun. Now, quoting my ever dearest and supportive friends, I'm as dark as their black shirts. :/ Ampf!



My morning was tiring and no fun at all. We had to jog around campus 3 times. I couldn't even complete one round without stopping/walking, how much more 3 rounds?! Imagine that! And to add more to my frustration, I had a hard time throwing the ball far enough to reach the catcher. Four of my team mates, including the captain ball, had to teach me how to throw it the right way. Not too high, nor too low. Just enough. Target the face, that's what they would always say to me. But no matter how many times they've taught me, Never did I learn until afternoon. It was just great! They said my performance improved. Well, at least my hardwork was fruitful. [Clap! Clap! ] Then, we had a friendly competition against an opposing unit [Engineering]. Losers, we are not! They were not that good enough to make me drop my jaw, though. Not saying that I'm better than them; just saying as no other than a keen observer. Though they won, I had fun. I even had to 'free walk', thanks to their pitcher. The ball hit me right at the left thigh.
Wish painfully granted, I
said.
It's better than swinging the bat and not hitting the ball, I guess.






First post served fresh!



xo,
-♥C.

No comments: